Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goodbye Crib

Warning, this one is wordy with no pictures:
The day after I'm sick I always want to clean something really good. Probably because I was laying down the whole day before. I decided to tackle Gracie's room. She has had a 'big girl bed' for over a year, but I have never taken her crib down. It was a really good place for time outs. I would also put her in there at nap time if she wouldn't stay in her bed. Recently she decided that she only wanted to sleep in her crib...totally annoying to wake up at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning and go downstairs to get her out of her crib. I liked it better when she would just quietly show up in my face and ask for milk. So that was my project today, deep clean her room and take her crib down. I had her and Levi take their nap in my bed and took it down while she was sleeping. I made a big deal of it when she woke up so she seemed excited about it. Then bed time came and she told me she wanted to sleep in her crib. She was fine though, it just took her a little longer to fall asleep.

No comments: