Saturday, May 15, 2010

I seriously need my OWN truck!

Today I wanted to plant something new in my yard since I was fixing the drippers anyways. So I drove over and got this wonderful smelling honeysuckle from a generous friend who has too many plants :). I kept waiting and waiting for Paul to get home from work with his truck, but I had a hole dug for this little guy and the sun was going to go down soon. So I put it on the back of my freshly washed car and drove 1/2 mile on a main road with my flashers on.
***Can I make a little side note that it is Saturday and my husband does have a M-F job, but he left at 7:00am and I sit here alone on Saturday night at 10:00pm and he is still not here! They work him crazy hours and a ton of hours. Did I mention he is salary so no overtime? Ok I'm done complaining, I always tell myself that at least he has a job! There is a little ray of hope in his future, but I will post about that tomorrow because this is getting really long!***
Well I hope my little plant lives, it smells wonderful in my front yard!

Today Robyn's neighborhood was having a garage sell and I was riding Stewart's bike around the neighborhood (which I bought from him and I am totally excited to go on bike rides with Gracie) and happened on this steal of an art desk for $5. Gracie was in LOVE with it. She begged me to keep it in the kitchen. I'm not sure how that would have worked. I wanted it in the playroom. We compromised by putting it in her bedroom. She sat at it for 45 minutes creating and not saying a word (if you know Gracie very well this is unheard of). I cleaned the kitchen and made dinner without a helper. I love a good buy and this is one of them! I also bought at little picnic table for $3 from the same person!

No comments: