Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Can I just say how happy I am to be a mother? Gracie is the happiest little girl (with the daily 3 year old fits thrown in). Every mother's day I am reminded of Mother's Day 4 years ago when I found out the day before that my first round of in-vitro didn't work. It was a sad day wondering if I would ever celebrate Mother's Day. I remember getting up and leaving Sacrament meeting early so I didn't have to stand for the Mother's Day present the young men would pass out. I'm so happy to be out of that feeling in my life. I never knew being a mother would give me so much joy.
Today was great:
  • I slept in for an extra 11 minutes until Gracie absolutely demanded that I wake up.
  • Paul got Gracie dressed for church and took charge of all temper tantrums for the whole day.
  • Neither Paul or I had any extra church meetings.
  • I came home from church and ate cookie dough and took a nap.
  • Paul & his Dad made dutch oven chicken & potatoes for dinner!
  • I took full advantage of the day off!
Paul took this picture of me and Gracie at 10:00 last night. We didn't get home from his parents house until 9:30 and then Gracie needed a bath so bad that I couldn't ignore it. I asked her to give me a kiss and this is how she always kisses me: Squeezes my cheeks and kisses to hard that it makes my nose bend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make my heart smile! that was so sweet! i'm so glad you get to celebrate being a mother...you are a wonderful one! gracie is the sweetest daughter!

susan bunker said...

that last comment was by me not hailey :)

Lisa said...

so, so cute. got me all choked up. motherhood is amazing isn't it?! so glad we both can experience it but i have to say gracie is the cutest little girl ever :)